Families Caring for Children, Inc.
96 Front Street
Nanticoke, PA 18634
Families Caring for Children is a private nonprofit agency licensed by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania that provides comfortable and secure placements and services for children.
Adoption Services – Families Caring for Children serves children in need of adoption, families wishing to adopt, and natural parents who must relinquish their parental rights by providing support, assistance and information as they move through the adoption process.
Families Caring for Children is licensed by the PA Department of Public Welfare and is a member of the Pennsylvania Statewide Adoption and Permanency Network (SWAN). Families Caring for Children is able to provide full service adoptions to our families, including family profiles, child profiles, and specialized adoption training.
Post Permanency Services – As an affiliate of the Pennsylvania Statewide Adoption and Permanency Network (SWAN), Families Caring for Children provides post adoption services and support to families that have created permanency for a child and are living in Pennsylvania. Services are available, free of charge, to:
- families who have adopted through SWAN
- families who have adopted privately or internationally
- families providing kinship care
- families providing permanent legal custodianship
- Post adoption services support and strengthen families who need help in meeting their emotional, behavioral, social or educational challenges; Families Caring for Children accomplishes this by providing counseling, support groups, respite care, case management, advocacy services.